Women Development Cell of Mahatma Education Society’s Pillais’ College of Education and Research, Chembur organized a National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi, sponsored Training Progamme on ‘Human Rights for Humaneness’ on 25th November, 2017. The main objectives of the training program were to promote an understanding of universality of human rights, international instruments, their principles and methodologies for human rights education.
The Training program was divided into 4 sessions which included
- Introduction to Human Rights
- Human Rights Institutions in India
- Rights of Women and Children
- Rights of Other Vulnerable Groups
The training program was presided by Chief Guest Prof. Dr. Arvind Tiwari, Dean-School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Dr. K. M. Vasudevan Pillai, CEO, Mr. G. T. Ochani, Deputy CEO, Mahatma Education Society, Mahatma Education Society, Principal, Dr. Sunita Wadikar, Pillais’ College of Education and Research, Chembur along with other dignitaries.
Dr. K. M. Vasudevan Pillai in his address stated that human rights are very essential for leading a dignified life by every individual in the society, followed by Key note address of Prof. Dr. Arvind Tiwar. Followed by sessions conducted by the following resource persons,
- Dr. K. M. Parivelan, Chairperson & Associate Professor, TISS,
- Dr. Shamim Modi Assistant Professor, TISS
- Dr. Tara Korti, Faculty, Research & Development, TISS
- Mr. Chandrasekhar Chakradeo, Assistant Professor, Chembur Sarvankash Shikshan shastra Mahavidyalya Chembur
- Ms. Vani Achari was convener of the training programme