University of Mumbai, Thane Sub Campus & Dr. Pandita Ramabai Girls Hostel in association with MES’s Pillai College of Education & Research, Chembur celebrated National Education Day, Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad’s Birth Anniversary on 11th November. This day is commemorated in the memory of Azad, independent India’s first education minister and a freedom fighter, who served India in the capacity of minister of education from 1947 to 1958. He is known for making several significant contributions in the field of education.
The organising committee members of the programme were Dr. Sunita Magre, Prof. & I/C Director, Thane Sub campus, UoM, Dr. Reni Francis, Principal, PCER, Chembur, Faculty of Thane sub campus, University of Mumbai and faculty of PCER, Chembur.
There were a range of events organised for the teachers and students.
- Essay writing competition for teachers
- Poster competition for students
- Slogan writing competition for students
There were a lot of participants across Mumbai who participated enthusiastically. The programme was in sync with SDG # 4- Quality Education.
The winners of the competition were as follows:
- Essay Writing Competition- First Prize: Ms. Sharmila Jajodia– Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College (Autonomous)
- Poster Competition- First Prize: Ms. Pranaya Prakash Lad– D.T.S.S College of Commerce and Science
- Poster Competition- Second Prize: Ms. Anjali Gupta– Dhirajlal Tarakchand sankalchand Shah of Commerce
- Slogan Competition- First Prize: Ms. Pranoti Prakash Kajare– D.T.S.S College of Commerce and Science
- Slogan Competition- Second Prize: Ms. Khusboo Rambali Dhuriya, MES’s PCER, Chembur
- Slogan Competition- Third Prize: Ms. Pranaya Prakash Lad– D.T.S.S College of Commerce and Science