Intra-college Debate Competition organised by the Student Council on occasion of the National Students’ Day.
In order to commemorate the National Students’ Day which falls on 15th October, 2021, the Student Council of PCER, Chembur organised an intra-college debate competition.
The competition was held live over Zoom and the students participated as tutorial group teams. Each team consisted of two students.
The students debated on the following topics:
- Virtual Learning is more impactful than Classroom Learning (Elimination round)
- India’s Farm Laws: Is it a global problem? (Final round)
The debate was judged by:
- Dr. Ignat Mendes – HOD Chemistry Department, Sophia College, Mumbai
- Ms. Wilma D’souza – Supervisor, Z A Memon English School, Thane
- Mr. Yogesh Pawar – Journalist and Social Worker
The winners of the competition were:
Ms. Callista Rebeira & Ms. Adrieal Fernandes from Dr. Mary Varghese’s tutorial group while Ms. Maitree Vora & Ms. Lyzandra Rebello from Dr.Swasti Dhar’s tutorial group were the runners-up.