Women Development Cell of Mahatma Education Society’s Pillai College of Education and Research, Chembur in collaboration with Rotary Club of Deonar organized an Expert Talk on “Good Health and Well-being” on 10th August, 2019.
The resource persons were Dr. Dilkush Kemchandani – A Senior Gynecologist and Obstetrician and Dr. Kiran Dabholkar – A Senior Gynaecologist, Infertility specialist and a family physician. After a very interactive session by the experts with our student teachers Dr.Usha Desai Ma’am and Dr.Meera Ma’am from Rotary club of Deonar distributed sanitary pads to girl student teachers to maintain health and hygiene during menstruation. DYSMEN tablets were also distributed by Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
The main objectives of the Programme were as follows:
- To orient the student teachers with menstrual life cycle in women.
- To explain the terms associated with menstruation Menarche, Dysmenorrhea, Amenorrhea, Menorrhagia, Premenstrual Syndrome, Menopause, AUB, DUB, Polycystic Ovarian disease etc.
- To make student teachers aware of Sexually transmitted diseases, safe sex and following safety measures like using a condom.
- To acquaint them with family planning techniques like oral contraceptives, copper-T, Tubectomy, Vasectomy etc.
- To equip them with the technique of self-examination in early stages for prevention of breast cancer in women.
- To make them aware of PAP smear test for cervical cancer, uterine cancer etc.
- To familiarize them with the concept of In-vitro fertilization, surrogacy etc.